What is MyFreeTaxes?
United Way partners with H&R Block to help people easily and accurately file their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxes.
- The MyFreeTaxes filing software is powered by an industry leader, H&R Block, which guarantees that tax returns are 100 percent accurate.
- MyFreeTaxes is easy to use; just upload a picture of your W-2 and MyFreeTaxes will automatically fill in your information.
- Most filers complete their taxes under an hour.
Why should I use MyFreeTaxes?
Filers that use MyFreeTaxes are guaranteed to receive their maximum refund.
- Taxpayers save an average of $200 in fees by using MyFreeTaxes instead of a paid tax preparer.
- MyFreeTaxes has saved users $180 million dollars in filing fees since 2009.
- The software screens for refund and credit eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and the Child Tax Credit (CTC), to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund.
Who can use MyFreeTaxes?
MyFreeTaxes is a free, safe and easy way for individuals or households earning less than
$66,000 to file federal and state taxes.
- MyFreeTaxes is mobile optimized so anyone can easily access MyFreeTaxes.com from
their computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Users can file federal and up to three state returns for free.
- MyFreeTaxes filing software, provided by H&R Block, uses the highest industry
standards to safeguard taxpayer information.