Through the Urban League’s after school program students will engage in a variety of hands-on learning, enrichment activities, exploration of STEM concepts and build interpersonal and social skills.
Additionally, students will have access to academic support to strengthen critical thinking skills and grades. Snacks will also be provided. Other activities offered may include a weekly schedule of:
- Fitness (yoga and other wellness activities)
- College and Career exploration (YouScience)
- Tutoring Support (Math/ELA/Other)
- STEAM-related activities (Coding)
- Hands-on learning & special field trips with community partners such as the Tennessee Aquarium
- Games, mentorship, and more…
Currently open to students attending Barger Academy, Woodmore Elementary, Howard Connect Academy, and Orchard Knob Elementary.
Return the student application to your schoold to participate. For more information contact Urban League staff at (423) 756-1762 or email Robin Sturnes: firstname.lastname@example.org